May 11, 2020
Industry Input Needed on Tariff Rate Quotas — Refined Sugar and Sugar-Containing Products
In keeping with Global Affairs Canada’s policy, the Government of Canada is seeking input from Canadians on the administration of two new Tariff Rate Quotas (TRQs) for sugar and sugar-containing products to the United States established under the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA), in order to develop administration policies.
These TRQs are for:
- Sugar-Containing Products for Export to the United States under CUSMA
- Refined Sugar for Export to the United States under CUSMA
To ensure efficiency and effectiveness in developing and administering new administration policies, the Government of Canada is seeking the views of stakeholders with an interest in the administration of these two new quotas.
Global Affairs Canada would like to hear from:
- the Canadian public
- producers, refiners, processors, further processors, distributors, retailers and exporters
- academics and experts
- Indigenous groups
- national and provincial industry associations
- small, medium and large enterprises
- national, provincial, territorial and regional associations
- other interested stakeholders